An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Raptor, Fish and Hedgehog


 Old computer printer paper...
the kind that fed through the
 printer with holes down the sides
of the paper, painted paper, 
magazine image of fish,
ledger paper, vintage book 
diagrams, and purchased
collage ephemera-bottle printed
on translucent vellum, plus my
drawing of a raptor head.  





I found this business card in
a book that I purchased at 
Goodwill. There was also a 
typed letter, dated 1958.


Medlars (and meddlers)
ripen by their own
corruption...


Vintage illustration of 
a hearing aid.








A real man doesn't need
a manual...




considered truths.

2 comments:

  1. I think I am stumped! I have gone from Farmer to Zoo keeper because it was the only other "profession" I could think of with all the animals. Lately, I've thought it was a storekeeper. You are really good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for not being by sooner, but I have been out of town visiting friends who have no computer access. They live on a farm, which made me feel even more isolated.

    I love the old ads, don't you? They can mean anything you want them to. And I don't care what your handwritten sign shows, a real WOMAN isn't ashamed to read the manual. And they are often worth a lot of money, too.

    ReplyDelete