An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Anything You Want



Collage: vintage book illustrations, 
computer generated arrows and
 registration mark, scrapbook papers,
red illustration on vellum from 
dollar store book.








The best resources are garage sales
and second-hand stores. Auctions
can be hit or miss...but a bargain
can be found if you don't have
much competition.




Always looking for a good price




and an unusual image.







Adding my own drawings to
vintage ads...




from a vacation brochure, circa 1956.




Look for possibilities.









2 comments:

  1. I can't express how happy your pages make me... they're just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that old geometry book you are using. I love the image from the first page you showed today.

    I agree that thrift and second-hand stores are good places for finding bargains, but I have been to garage sales where the sellers want anywhere from 5-10 dollars for a regular book. I remember one guy was selling The DaVinci Code for $25.00. I just laughed, because I didn't pay that much for mine and it came from the publisher.

    I'm at a loss for who you are. Do the clues you leave outside the book page have any meaning, other than generating comments? (Example: always looking for a good price and an unusual image). Or do they contribute to who you are? You don't have to answer that, if it gives away too much. AS IF YOU COULD POSSIBLY GIVE AWAY TOO MUCH (grin).

    ReplyDelete