An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Don't Neglect Your Toys

Last year my character worked in an antique store. This year, one step aside, my character is one of the customers who might frequent that store. My Fake Journal character for 2016 is a toy collector.

Toy collectors don't necessarily have to collect toys that are old. Cartoon and TV show characters are popular. Comic book and super hero collectors are especially devoted.

I am just drawing what is in the toy box.  I can't believe we are in the last week of April already!

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh. I was SO on the right track. And to draw those star trek ships is amazing. Not sure about the top one, but I am very familiar with the bottom ship. I have one (grin). Love your toys and drawings, each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that top ship is a Bird of Prey...the dreaded Klingons!

      Delete
    2. I think that top ship is a Bird of Prey...the dreaded Klingons!

      Delete
  2. Oh! I have just caught up with this and beginning to think you were one of those people who go around garage or car boot sales collecting toys! The hero figure gave it away as I remember someone picking out those kind of figures out of everything else my boys were selling some years ago! Well done to Elizabeth!! Your drawings have been amazing! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was totally off-base with my guesses! Thanks for putting me out of my misery and revealing your character! It was agonizing not being able to figure it out. Love your drawings Dianne. And the cool sayings you always find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana- I thought your theory was quite ingenious and could have been correct!

      Delete
    2. Diana- I thought your theory was quite ingenious and could have been correct!

      Delete