An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fake Journal 2014 Wrap-Up








Click on the image above to read about my 
goals and process for my Fake Journal 2014.

I did mostly pen drawings with 
watercolor washes. Most of my other
journals are mixed media collage,
so it was a fun change to just
draw what I saw, or draw an idea.

I didn't anticipate how difficult it would be
to NOT explain!  Generally I feel it is
important, and necessary, to explain my
blog posts so that they are clear to
the reader. It certainly was a challenge 
not to do that. I had to resist my
 automatic urge to explain, but at the
same time it was fun to dream up 
themes that a decorator would be
asked to create, yet still not
"give it away."
By the time I had covered many of
the holidays, I thought surely that 
my character's career would be 
obvious.  To my surprise, it wasn't,
at least to several readers who commented.

I enjoyed the project, and was most 
pleased with the 'still lifes' that I drew.




Hope you've enjoyed the
Counterfeit Journal pages as
much as I have, and maybe you
will consider doing a Fake Journal
for yourself next April!




2 comments:

  1. I can assure you, you never gave it away. And I just kept guessing. But of course, I kept guessing inanimate objects, like leaves. For some reason, I didn't think of it being a PERSON. DUH!!

    And, it was fun seeing drawings most days, rather than a mix of collage and drawings. Of course, I love it all. Will we see the finished book once it is bound? Regardless, it's been a fun April for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get it either Dianne! I thought I was hot but then you'd post another page... not! Now, in retrospect, I see it. Excellent work and I hope you'll be up for it again next year. I'll be watching for you.

    ReplyDelete