An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Fake Journal 2019



April is fast approaching...
the month where I try to 'fake you out'
about who I am and what my 
occupation is.  Pretending to be
someone else, living in that other 
person's head and viewing things
from a different perspective.




I haven't even decided for sure what
I'm doing this year, but I'm gonna give it
another try.  I'm sorry to say that Roz 
Stendahl will not be coordinating the 
project this year, but anyone who wants to
give it a go is certainly welcome to do so.
Roz's blog posts are still available, so
click on the links in my sidebar for more
information. Also here:

You're on your own, and that's 
not necessarily a bad thing. Roz always
encouraged us to make it our own. 
It's a fascinating concept, to try to think,
react and draw like someone else!




As usual, I will not tell you who my 
character is or what they do for a living, so
you get the chance to guess who "I" am.
I plan to use random phrases and captions
as I have in past years...which may throw
you off the trail! ...and hopefully add
a bit of humor.  Check back in April
to see what the Fake Me 
gets up to!



The public celebration of International Fake Journal
 Month has been suspended indefinitely, but 
certainly it's a project worth trying as 
individual artitsts. 




Here's to year number eight (!) of 
the Fake
Journal project!



4 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back in blogland again Dianne. i think you are a naturalist today with these sketches. They are great to see. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're doing it again Dianne. I love following along with your character and trying to guess who he/she is and what they are all about. I actually did a lot of background prep work in order to do a fake journal myself this year, but have opted instead to take an 8 wk. watercolor course I've been wanting to do for a couple of years. So I'm keeping my research and prep work for next year - when I'll be retired (Yay!) and have more time for fun things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to guessing who you are again this year. I always love your sketches and drawings and how you try to throw us off the trail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fake journal mysteries, Dianne. I look forward to following again even though I'm late to the party. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete