An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Friday, March 16, 2018

International Fake Journal Month (IFJM) is April 2018!


In 2016, my 'fake' journal
author was a toy collector.




In 2017, my 'fake' journal
author was a homeless artist.




Join me again this April for a
fictional journey in art journaling:
"Translating the Inevitable."

According to Roz Stendahl, the
creator of the project:

"What Is IFJM?

Basically it’s a free pass to put anything 
in a journal that you might not otherwise put in."


Go to Roz's IFJM blog to find out more, and
how you can participate.  A fun challenge
to help get yourself into the habit of
drawing in your journal every day!


What am I going to do this year?
I have no clue yet. It may be a last 
minute decision, like last year. I'm
going to re-read Roz's post about 
choosing a character here. And she's 
going to provide optional prompts, if 
you like that kind of thing. Join us ~
to draw in your journal, or just to 
see what the Fake Journalers are up to!

My Fake Characters so far:
(links to each in Side Bar)

  • 2012- student of Japanese art and culture
  • 2013- a shaman
  • 2014- cake designer
  • 2015- male who works in an antique mall
  • 2016- toy collector
  • 2017- homeless artist


"Life is short. Why live only one?"



◘  ♥  ◘

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this is brief. I'm having keyboard problems. As always, I look forward to guessing. BTW, sorry to read about your flood. At least the ins. helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Dianne! The idea of "becoming" someone else for a month is fascinating. If only I could draw fast enough ... maybe in another year or two ... I haven't even looked at who you chose for this year yet. The suspense is killing me ;-)

    ReplyDelete