An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Concealment and Revelation




With the end of April comes the time to
reveal my Fake Journal character for 2019.

I think several readers caught on quite
early!  My character was a Gardener/
Landscape Designer.  Many of the phrases
or quotes on my pages came from
Monty Don, the popular presenter of the
 gardening show "Big Dreams, Small Spaces."

'Revealment and concealment' was a phrase that
I heard on one of the episodes that featured
a Japanese style garden.  Winding paths and
plantings concealed what was around the next
  curve.  It provided an aspect of
anticipation and delightful surprise.

Fake Journal month is a little like that for me.
The project evolves and reveals itself slowly.
The text on the pages sometimes takes on
double meanings, which I find fun.

I plan to do a 2019 Wrap-Up post in 
the following days. (or maybe weeks)  
Letting a bit of time pass before final
reflection on the results can be helpful.

Thanks to the faithful few who have been
stopping by to visit!




"Life is short. Why live only one?"


4 comments:

  1. Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Thank you for providing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I started out going down the wrong path, but came to the right conclusion at a certain fork in my road of thinking. I LOVED your drawings. They made it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! I'm so pleased you were able to use some of the papers I gave you. I tend to hoard them and decided to share with someone who would actually use them! I love all your journaling Dianne, but particularly am enamored of your yearly fake journal. Your art and sense of humor are sublime! I think you should write and illustrate a book for publication my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved this years counterfeit journal! Of course you know how much I love gardens! I love Monty Don too - I bet you guessed that!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete