An annual April experiment in creating a Fake Journal~ FAKE: pretend, simulate; counterfeit; to alter.manipulate.
or treat as to impart a false character or appearance.

A fun exercise in pretending to be someone else, maybe in an alternate universe!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Prosperity and Ponies



International Fake Journal Month 2015~
Collage: vintage book text and illustration,
my drawing of a heron (?) in green gel pen,
scrapbook paper, painted tissue paper,
vintage postage stamp, vintage flash card.










Collage includes my drawing in
Sharpie pen and gray marker
 of boy in short pants, vintage 
geometry diagrams, ad for pants,
and a vintage illustration
 of a lighthouse.













If an old book is in bad shape,
but it has some good illustrations,
it's still an excellent resource for collage.




I need to find some more 
random phrases to use in 
my collages...
it makes things more interesting.

◘   ◘   ◘

1 comment:

  1. These collages are incredible. You find the BEST old books for illustrations. Very impressive, even though I have NO idea who you are.

    BTW, I agree with the statement about interior designers. Although I'm probably one of about six people in the world who never saw Sex in the City, I read somewhere that sales from the shoes and handbags Sarah Jessica Parker wore on the show skyrocketed through the roof.

    ReplyDelete